Monday, October 31, 2011

Border boredom...

31-Oct-11
HAPPY HALLOWEEN Dear Reader! I hope you have some great ghoulish plans for this day! We are sitting near the border watching the weather along our planned route. So far, it all looks pretty good.
So, the last time we chatted we were in Peace River… Gary finished up the job there on Sept 11th and we headed back to the farm for a bit. We needed to drop off our fishing gear and stuff we won’t use while we are down south. We managed to sort out a lot of crap this time and took a lot of things to Andrew in his new place. Then we headed back to Gibbons to get all our ducks in a row. Getting all the last minute crap done is a pain but necessary. So, with all the bills paid and dentist visited (eeew), we headed to Red Deer to scout out some RV lots that we thought we were interested in buying. We drove around and checked out one that Gary was quite interested in but I’m not sure. I really hate building restrictions lol. We have some more to scope out in the spring when we get back. I’m thinking we may just find the perfect little spot then.
So, here we sit for a couple days at Milk River. We met some nice folks and got talking about the whole snow-bird situation. Turns out that there’s a form we need to file so that the US IRS won’t come hunting us down to file with their tax department. Or worse have to turn to some silly treaty that was designed with snow-birds in mind. We have that all filled out ready to go for January.
We are taking a new route this year as our initial destination is a new one. We are heading to Texas to see my dear brother Mike and his lovely wife Leslee! I’m soooo excited I could burst! I have got to see them a fair bit in the last couple years but not down at their place. Its gonna be great. We haven’t looked too much into what all we want to see in Texas but we have lots of time I think. We also will be meeting up with our wonderful friends Alice and Robbie along the way as well. Not sure exactly where yet, but somewhere for sure. We actually have quite a few new friends that we really want to make sure we see. Most I’m sure we will see when we head back to the Montana circle in Quartzsite.
Once we head over the border we won’t be answering our Canadian phones anymore. Feel free to text them though! We are setting up the US cell phone but not sure what the new number will be. I’ll post it here and on facebook, or text me in a few days and I’ll text it back to you! Whatever makes you happy I will try to do!
So I know this seems like a rather short update Dear Reader, but alas, we have had a boring month! I’m pretty sure I’ll have much more to say the next time we meet. Betcha never thought I’d be lost for something to say!?! LOL Me either. And with that I will say to you Dear Reader, talk to you soon. Loving and missing you as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment