Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fade to Beige..

10-Nov-10
Hey there Dear Reader! Hope all is good where ever you are! Things are good here. We managed to get out of the cold and into the beige. We left Montana and headed south after 2 days in Dillon. We made another long haul to Fillmore, Utah… I know I have issues with that state but after another 6+ hr drive I figgered I should get over things. I found out that you just need to be in Utah during the right hours and they do have rum there after all!! LOL and you have to try really hard to buy it all if your in the right town :) So we spent a couple of wind down days there deciding where to next. We did say we wanted to boondock as much as possible this year but we also wanted to find somewhere new. We exhausted many routes and then decided on a state park called Red Hills outside St. George, UT… well… we aren’t there… we drove to where the directions said but hmm no exit. So we pulled into to town and got fuel. While there I decided to ask the nice young lady at the counter where it might be, she gave some vague directions that may have taken us there… but she admitted she want really an outdoorsy sort, so she might be wrong! LOL So, while I was talking to her Gary claimed he found it on his nav-bitch. Well when we got to where she wanted us to turn, hmm, not sure if the jeep would have fit thru the underpass let alone the 5er! So we scrapped that idea and decided to just go back to Valley of Fire and figger out where to go from there. I was trying to explain the Overton, NV area near Valley but “Somebody” didn’t recall anything about any BLM land there… or should I say here, where we are sitting now! As we were leaving the little town of Overton, stocked and ready to go nowhere in particular, my radio came to life with this voice saying “ O hey lookit all the rigs parked there! Must be BLM!!! Wanna just stop here?” So with a heavy sigh I agreed. Seems some people need to see things to remember they told you it would be a good idea hehe.
So here we sit.. Til our next adventure!!! And now Dear Reader you are all up to date! Loving and missing you as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment